Challenge Agriculture has been specialised in tensiometry for 32 years and european leader of this technique.
Agronomy is the kee of progress. The principle is quite simple : the plant builds itself from water and minerals taken in the soil. We measure and monitor the availability of water and nitrogen, with objective methods, to maximaze production and minimaze inputs.
We manufacture and repair in our plant located in Ambillou. Hardware, firmware and software of Monitors are made by us, our relatives or local suppliers. Conception and realization 100 % made in France.
Our manufacturing : R2-DX®, R2-DL…
The WATERMARK® sensor (Irrometer Co) are mounted, cabled under 60 different presentations.
The history of the company is landmarked by innovations.
- 1989 – French leader in irrigation control by tensiometry
- 1990 – Launching WATERMARK® in France, Italy, Switzerland. Writing the knowledge book
- 1993 – WATERMARK® becomes leader in France
- 2003 – WATERMARK® leader in Europe
- 2004 – WATERMARK® Monitor : automatic reading of the sensors. Work on the software
- 2006 – Starting telemetry development
- 2008 – Automatic transmission of the data by GPRS
- 2009-2012 – WATERMARK® field service development
- 2011 – « Echography » of the bulb, drip irrigation, with 2 monitors and 16 sensors
- 2013 – Developing new hardware generation for sensors reading, data transmitting and valves control.
Soil water under control, with telemetry:
- 2008 – GPRS automatic data transmission
- 2009 – 2012 – Development of WATERMARK® field service
- 2010 – Very interesting results on Onion in yield and quality in Beauce region
- 2011 – “Imaging” of the drip bulb, thanks to 2 Monitor + 2 x 8 sensors
- 2012 – WATERMARK® service for 8 Chambers of Agriculture on 130 fields in Midi-Pyrénées
- 2013 – European leader in tensiometry by telemetry with a thousand monitors online
- 2014 – Manufacture of 3 new Monitors : R2-DL, R2-DX, R2-DX-smart, boards and softs designed and manufactured 100% in France. Work in our plant.
- 2015 – Specialized work on Asparagus with Christian Befve
- 2015 – Thirty agronomic videos online
- 2015 – Smart automatic irrigation with the R2-DX-smart
- 2015 – 2016 – Many interesting missions in Latin America
- 2016 – Improvement of the online graph system
- 2016 – Development with R2-DX of Online Drip Bulb Imaging – an innovation –
- 2017 – leader in irrigation management with 3000 Monitor on line + 5000 Monitors data logging + still 4000 manual meters. 10 millions additionnal data per year, on line.
- 2018 – Development of weekly advise on line. Success of the dialogue box, with 900 users, exchanging 10 000 dialogs per year.